Monday, February 9, 2009

A day in the life

*A red and white clad figure deftly steps from the shadows in silence, a piercing stare afficked within his deep blue eyes, his right hand upon the hilt of his sword ready to strike*

Anywhos, onto the drudgery that was my day.
Today started a little differently than usual; dad was already at work. The only reason I found this odd is that we usually ride in together in the morning, I drop him off at work, and I have the car the rest of the day to head back and forth between classes. Today, however, he had to be at work by three in the morning. It didn't cramp my plans too badly, though; we have two cars.
Anyway, I got to sleep in a little, which was nice since every other weekday saw me getting up at the ungodly hour of six in the mourning to ride in with my old man. It's not that I don't like doing it in the morning, I do. I'm just not what you would call a morning person per se. I'm more of a night owl by nature and that's kinda just how I roll. Moving on from my rabbit trail on human nature...
I went to my first class, CSL102 (Chinese as a second language), which was kinda fun and somewhat interesting, which is normal especially with the teacher I have. He's very animated and fun to work with, not like some teachers that are strict, monotone and boring. He actually tries to help my class learn the material instead of just randomly assigning a lot of boring, worthless busy work. Plus, not only that, he's a chinese native! That class couldn't be anymore perfect right now... well almost. I struggle a little with getting my homework done for that class, but I'm improving in my speech and understanding of the language and that's what counts.
Anywho, after finishing up with CSL, I hopped in the car, popped a Demon Hunter CD (these guys are on the top of my favorite metal groups list, by the way), and high tailed it back to Highline's Federal Way satelite facility, Puget Sound Early College (affectionately reffered to by all the students and staff there as PSEC) to kill a little time before my stats class at noon. The class itself was short, as usual, running only about an hour as aposed to the two hour span it's supposed to run (theoretically), which was totally fine by me. It's not that I hate the class or anything, don't get me wrong on that. I just like not having to sit through two hours of back-to-back class lectures and crap like that. So after that, I decided to update the myspace, check the email, watch some hilarious, side-splitting you tube videos and just kind of unwind from a full day of academic mayhem. So now here it is, nine PM and for once I have no homework done! Yeah that might be kinda bad, but it won't hurt me too bad, at least not tonight. Now I just gotta stew over the freakin' art homework I gotta have finished for my super extra boring art class. (*GROAN*)
Anywho, on another side tangent...
The junior an senior cohorts seems to be more closely knit this year than last year. My class ( the senoirs), which has thinned out significantly since last quarter alone, has seen more personal interaction with the younger cohort of juniors then last years seniors ever were with us. I've gotten to know quite a few of the juniors and see a good number of them on an almost semi-regular basis, every Monday through Thursday. I'm not just talking about knowing them by face or class, either. I actually know a handfull of them by name AND face. They're a good bunch of crazy kids that were just like we were last year. There also seems to be more of them. It kinda makes me feel bad for 'em that PSEC won't be around next year, what with Highline's buget cuts taking place this year after Spring quarter ends. This doesn't really affect me all that much as I'll be graduating this year, but I still feel bad for the juniors. It just kinda got sprung on 'em at the last minute and left 'em hangin'. They still have options, to be sure, but they won't get another opportunity like PSEC. It was fun while it lasted and the program will be sorrowfully missed by all who were involved, from the program director to the janitor. We had some good times, didn't we...
"good times... and good times were had by all, and they ate Sir Robin's minstrils."
Yay, Monty Python!
Okay, there's my multi-rabbit-trail-infested post for the day. Just another day in the life of JAck, the Shilohan Ninja.
Until we text again, courage and Godspeed! And may the Force be with you!
JAck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment