Monday, April 12, 2010

All up in mah faic!

So the other day whilest I was parrusing through town on my way to the bus station, this random guy with a rolled up American flag comes walkin' up from the other direction and starts yellin' somethin' at me. Now usually when I'm out for a jaunt, I take my bag and my earphones and this event was not different, so, naturally I sorta heard him over the sound of my tunes (which, in all honesty is pretty impressive considering that they're skullcandies and I had the volume up to I could hear it above the traffic I was walking adjacent to) and had to take one out and say "What?"
Anywho, they guy, whom I'll refer to as Danny since I didn't ever catch his name, starts in on this whole angry rant sermon about how we as Americans no longer respect the iscription on the dollar bill "In God We Trust". It was sort of a long-winded speech and laced with quiet a bit of colorful language, but the gist of what he wanted to know was is it in God we trust or in money we trust. This kind of struck me as odd because not an hour before that encounter, my family and I had just finishced meeting with another prominant couple in our church to get to know each other better and, surprise-surprise, this same topic, among other things, had come up whilest we were discussing each others lives the current world events.
So I got to thinking, where DO we place our trust? Is it God? Is it money? Gold? Stocks? bonds? To where will we turn when we experience the further effects of this ressession in the next several years? Let me hear what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Ninja Vampire, Very cool concept and reviews
    The work is very versatile, with so many concentrations intermingling
    Ninja Gear

    ReplyDelete