Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Randomocity#3

So I'm pickin' up some paramecium cheese from the grocer's the other day and as I'm tryin' t' find an open check-out lane, I overhear this dude in one of the lanes talkin' the manager's ear off about macroeconomics or something or other. Now normally I wouldn't pay too much attention to something like a conversation about how the government spends it's money in a check-out line, but this guy was being very adamant about what he was saying, like he was off on a rant or something. It didn't seem like he was angry, but he sounded like he was in some college debate class trying to push his point on the guy at the counter (a.k.a. Mr. ManagerGuy). Not only that, he was there talkin' longer than I'd probably been in the store and when I left, he still flappin' his jaw at the guy. I didn't say anything but in my head I'm goin' "Dude! Jus' pay yer bill an' leave the macroecon sermon to for the econ classes!" It just seemed like he was there just to show off his proficiency in pop economic psycho-babel or some other crap like that. Just slightly annoying.
And then there was the guy in front of me. Now this guy was a whole different kind of annoying altogether and his act didn't last nearly as long as captain economics two lanes over. He was minding his own beeswax and just checkin-out when he took it a step further. After he handed the cashier the money to pay, he started lookin' at something toward the front of the store, away from the cashier and instead of turning to the cashier to take his change, he keeps looking at whatever it was that had so rivitingly grabbed his attention and just stuck out his cupped hand in her general direction. I hate to complain and sound nit-picky, but WHAT THE CRAP?!? Rude! Annoyingly rude, no less!
I guess common sense has gone to the dogs.

JAck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment