Thursday, October 1, 2009

A psalm for weary traveler

A beaten path it is I trod, difficult and many have been the trials I have faced, grating on the nerves.
Cannot I live through one day without the temptations of a selfish, carnal heart?
Cannot I pass through one day of this hellish journey unscaved by the lusts of my flesh?
Is there not relief for my soul in all the world for even a moment?
Yet, still I must push on, for higher a goal do I seek to achieve, to higher at road have I been called, to run in such a way as to win the prize at the end of this long road traveled so many times by those before me.
How long, oh, Lord, 'till you rescue me from this labyrinth of monotony, this hell of misunderstanding that is the world? When will it all end?
Yet, you answer, not with instant rapture, nor with a quick fix, but rather a drop of your infinite wisdom in your own perfect time, a small reminder of your amazing grace and a loving, correctional hand to guide me back to the straight and the narrow.
Show me, oh God, the way in which I should proceed in my journey to the end that I may fulfill the perfect plan for my life you composed and wrote before the begining of time.
Remind me, again I pray, of your perfect love, your beautiful grace and mercy that have save such a wretch as I that I may glorify your name above all else.
Show me the way

No comments:

Post a Comment